And welcome to “What’s New” at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market. Here you will find the latest information on special sales, new products, in-season produce, and other special events such as entertainment and educational opportunities.
Don’t miss out! Keep checking back for weekly updates!
New This Week – July 4th:
- Glenwood Farms – Summer is here and it’s time to start grilling! Every week you will find Greg Reynolds offering the freshest bison cuts as well as NY Strip, Delmonico, tenderloin, Italian sausage, breakfast sausage and more. Want to place a special order? Don’t wait for the weekend. Visit Greg’s website www.glenwoodfarms.com today!
- Frosty Morning Jewelry – The kiln has been fired up and Sandy has been busy creating many new jewelry designs including “precious metal clay,” mixed metal bracelets, formed leaf designs and more. Stop by on Sundays and check out this very gifted artist!
- Christi Sobel – Christi’s work (along with fellow artist Alice Muhlback) will be on display at the Smart Monkey Café for the whole month of July! You can also see her work at the July 31st Artists’ Market. But don’t forget, you can always come see Christi and her beautiful work every weekend at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market!
- Art of Dee – Do you have a cherished pet? Dee Sprague is now painting portraits of your furry friends. Beautiful oil paintings at reasonable prices. And remember, Sundays are pet friendly so bring Rover right on over to…the Art of Dee!
- The Magic Garden – BIG SALE in booth #88 on ALL annual bedding plants! And don’t forget to visit Siri at her greenhouses where you will find everything marked down: perennials, herbs, vines and more. Sale continues through June 30th so don’t miss out.
- Ihnkem’s Creations – Congratulations to Mary Beth at being one of the artists for “Art in the Heart.” This year her art work will be focusing on sustainability and will be displayed in the “new” art alley across from the opening of the Cinemapolis. The 3-paneled display is called “Going to Market.” And speaking of market, don’t forget to visit Mary Beth in booth #85 at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market where her beautiful work is displayed throughout the selling season!
- Red Tail Farm – New for 2009: raw honey! The predominant flavor is black locust which is very light and delicate. And don’t forget to stop by booth #67 for your organic vegetables, berries, herbs and fresh eggs!
- Turtle Island Pottery – Picnics need pottery! David Kingsbury has been busy creating beautiful pitcher sets to enhance your summer days. Visit Sheila Kingsbury in booth #43 for a special clearance sale on select pottery
- Woodwind Farm – Joe and Judy Dell are now bringing in beets, beet greens, potatoes and zucchini. Fresh from their garden to your plate, visit them in booth #80 this weekend!
- Leslie Kay Ehrlich – Want to add something new to your summer wardrobe? Check out Leslie’s hand-knit lacey scarves with ribbon yarn accents in delicate shades of lilac, aqua and turquoise. You’ll look cool and refreshed in these colors all summer long!
- Sunrise Samosas LLC – Elizabeth MarLand (booth #65) has expanded her menu to include vanilla bean homemade soy milk and Kucumbar Salsa (a tasty mix of cucumbers and tomatoes) for her fantastic samosas. YUMMY!
- PearTree Studio – Mary Rolland is now offering new pendant and earring sets, earrings, bracelets, key chains and pink glass pendants. Visit Mary on Sundays to see her beautiful work and feel free to ask questions regarding the art of glassmaking.
- Stoney Creek Nursery – Cindy Thayer (booth #41 Sundays) is now offering one gallon pots of Asiatic Lilies and Lavender in bloom. Asiatic Lilies in bloom include Pink, Ivory, Raspberry, and Dark Blood Red. And don’t forget “Grosso,” a French cutting Lavender in bloom.