If you have a question, perhaps someone has already asked it. Find it below.
To see the answer, click on the question or scroll down.
If you still have any questions, please contact us via our contact form.
- Is the market open during rainy weather?
- Does the market and do vendors accept EBT for payments?
- Can I dock my boat near the market in order to shop there?
- If the lot is full, where else can we park?
- What items are for sale at the Ithaca Farmer’s market?
- How long is the market open?
- Do the same vendors attend on all three days each week?
- Is the market accessible to wheelchairs, crutches, and walkers?
- How can I contact a vendor whose products I saw at the market several weeks ago?
- Are children welcome at the market?
- Are dogs allowed at the market?
- How can I sell my items at the market?
- Can a person or community group rent the pavilion for a wedding or other event?
- How can our group rent a booth during market hours?
- Is there a restaurant at or near the market?
Is the market open during rainy weather?
Definitely! It is even open during snowy weather right up through most of December. The whole market is covered so it a great place to visit when bad weather curtails other outings.
Does the market and do vendors accept EBT for payments?
Yes! You can swipe your EBT benefits card (also known as food stamps) at the market office, where the market manager will exchange your benefits for $1 and $5 tokens that can be used at any of our markets for purchasing items allowed under EBT requirements: non-prepared, non-heated foods.
Can I dock my boat near the market in order to shop there?
Yes. The Ithaca Farmer’s Market Members built a dock just for that purpose. Please be careful not to block in other boats. In particular, please stay clear of the tour boat that comes and goes regularly from the end of the dock.
If the lot is full, where else can we park?
You can also park outside the entrance on the road shoulders, in the B&W parking lot, or at the haunt . There’s a nice footbridge and footpath that will take you from the haunt directly to the market.
What items are for sale at the Ithaca Farmer’s market?
A wide variety. On any given day, the variety of products changes with the vendors, but you can be assured that the items are locally produced within a 30 mile radius of the market.
- Agricultural Produce: bedding plants, perennials,cut flowers, bouquets, fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, maple syrup, honey,…
- Delicious Foods: freshly cooked ethnic (Chinese, Japanese, Cambodian, Mexican, Sri Lankan, Thai), American, macrobiotic and vegetarian cuisine, and baked cookies, cakes, pies, gourmet and whole-grain breads, condiments, coffee…
- Local Crafts: breadboards, tables, hammocks, clothing, jewelry, paintings, photographs, candles…
How long is the market open?
Click on this link to go to our visit us page to see hours and times for our two location. Click on the location to get directions.
Do the same vendors attend on all market days each week?
Nope. Each market day changes as new produce comes into season or different vendors join and introduce new items. Please contact individual vendors for the exact dates they will be selling at our vendor directory.
Is the market accessible to wheelchairs, crutches, and walkers?
Yes. There is a wooden floor throughout the pavilion and vehicles can let off people with disabilities right next to the main entrances. You may prefer to come on Sundays when it is less crowded and more leisurely.
How can I contact a vendor whose products I saw at the market several weeks ago?
Search for them using the vendor directory on this site. Click “VENDORS AND SHOPPING” in the main navigation at top. You can click on their business name to find contact and other information.
Are children welcome at the market?
Of course, with adult supervision. The market is an exciting place for children. We often hold seasonal events that are perfect for children, like the Halloween Parade and Rutabaga Curl. Adult supervision is especially necessary in the parking lot, near the waterfront and on the dock.
Are dogs allowed in the market pavilion?
No. We are sorry, but dogs are no longer allowed inside the pavilion during market on either Saturday or Sunday. Often the market is too crowded and the liability question has become too difficult for the market to cover. However, we welcome your furry companions outside the pavilion on our extensive waterfront grounds.
How can I sell my items at the market?
Look in the VENDORS section and you’ll find a “Become a Vendor” link (or just click here) and you’ll find all the information you need to know if you’re eligible and how to apply.
Can a person or community group rent the pavilion for a wedding or other event?
Yes. Many couples have held their weddings after market hours on the weekends and the pavilion is an excellent location for a community gathering because of its beautiful location, plentiful parking, and restroom facilities. If you would like to read the requirements for renting the pavilion, please click here.
How can our group rent a booth during market hours?
Call the market manager at (607) 273-7109 to see if there is availability. We generally offer booths to non profit organizations in the community on a yearly basis, when available. All booths may be filled some weekends in the busy season, so inquire early.