Butternut Ginger Soup.
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and cubed (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
I used fresh turkey broth, but you can certainly use store bought vegetable or chicken broth.
Chop up all ingredients and put it in your crock pot. Pour the broth over the top. Cover and cook on high (2hrs) or low if gone for the day.
When finished, whip with an immersion blender or in a blender. Return to the pot and add the cream.
Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Swirl in sour cream for a bit more body or top the individual portions.
Serve with fresh biscuits, corn bread or crusty bread.